Amazon Seller Central
Amazon seller central is a program offered by Amazon.com to enable retailers to sell merchandise within the Amazon.com marketplace. The basic process of Amazon seller central starts with a retailer placing their products into the Amazon.com marketplace from which a consumer can buy the merchandise. A consumer can purchase products from more than one retailer within the same shopping cart / checkout process. Once purchased, Amazon.com automatically distributes the orders to each retailer. The retailer is required to ship the product directly to the consumer and inform Amazon.com when items ship with associated tracking information. In this process, Amazon.com takes a percentage of the order and pays the retailer periodically for shipped orders. This percentage is negotiated between the retailer and Amazon.com at the time of creating a new Amazon seller central account. It's easy to give your products visibility and exposure to millions of buyers by selling on Amazon.com. You just receive orders; ship them to the buyers and Amazon deposits net proceeds in your account every two weeks.
Amazon seller central is easy to use and you can view and manage your orders that use Checkout by Amazon. With Amazon seller central, you can do the following:
- Manage your orders: View, ship-confirm, cancel, or refund your orders from one set of pages. You can even get text reports of your orders and upload shipping confirmation information to help speed up your payments.
- Integrate your website: Set up simple Checkout buttons that let customers make a quick purchase or integrate your shopping cart with our order processing to automate your system.
- View reports about your performance: See reports about your sales performance, your payments, customer feedback and even schedule order reports for convenient times.
- Set up your account: Set your customer-facing information, including your logo and policies. Tell your customers about your returns and refunds policies. Set up simple shipping and tax rates. Create and use promotions with automatic discounts applied at checkout. Help customers return gracefully to your site by providing URLs for successful and abandoned payment transactions.
How Does Amazon Seller Central Works?
- Register with Amazon by providing your credit card number and bank routing number.
- Your subscription begins immediately after registration.
- Upload your products and inventory to the Amazon.com website via your core Sense software.
- Customers go to Amazon.com and find your items and add them to their shopping carts.
- Amazon collects customer payments and notifies you of the purchase, providing you with the information you need to fulfill the order.